Monday, July 7, 2008
Eggless chocolate cupcakes
. 3 cups all-purpose flour
. 2 cups sugar
. 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
. 2 tsps baking soda
. 1 tsp salt
. 2 cups water
. 3/4 cup vegetable oil
. 2 tbls white vinegar
. 2 tsps vanilla extract
Heat oven to 350F.
1. Line 24 muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper or foil baking cups.
2. Combine everything in large bowl, mix until thoroughly blended. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden stick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
For 2 9-inch cakes:
1. Line two 9-inch baking pans with wax paper; grease and flour pans' sides.
2. Pour batter into 2 pans.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden picks inserted in centers come out clean.
4. Cool 10 minutes.
5. Remove wax paper; cool on rack completely.