Can be served with rice noodle soup (instead of beef balls) or to make satay sticks.
Makes 10 balls:
1 layer of frozen bean curd sheet (available at the frozen section of the Asian super market)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar (I use maple syrup)
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
10 4x4 aluminum foils, 10 3x3 banana leaf to wrap
1. Wash the bean curd sheet in hot water 3 times. Squeeze well to extract excess water.
2. Cut into small pieces, mix well with salt.
3. Squeeze well to extract excess water again.
4. Divide into 10 portions.
5. Use 1 layer of aluminum foil lined with 1 layer of banana leaf to wrap tightly into a ball.
6. Steam in high heat for 30 minutes.