Makes 20 servings
- 1 pineapple, pick one with a yellow skin but not soft to the touch, I bought it 2 days ahead of time to let it ripen on the kitchen counter top.
- 1 honey dew or melon from Brazil, pick one that is firm, with a lot of fragrance, buy it 2 days ahead of time and let it ripen on the kitchen counter top.
- 1 cantaloupe, find one with a yellow skin, a lot fragrance, buy it 2 days ahead of time and let it ripen on the kitchen counter top.
- 1 small water melon or you can buy 1 quarter of a big one.
- 2 Asian pears.
- 5 clementines.
- 1 pound red grapes, make sure they are firm to the touch. Red grapes are healthier than green ones.
- 1 pound cherries, choose the deep dark ones, firm to the touch.
- 1 pound strawberries.
I wash everything 3 times and put them in the colander, strainer, basket to let them dry.
Slice the pineapple, set aside.
Slice half of the cantaloupe, set aside.
Slice half of the honey dew, set aside.
Slice half of the water melon, set aside.
Cube the Asian pears, set aside.
Peel and section the clementines, set aside.
In a big bowl, gently fill a little bit of different pieces of fruits up to about 7/8 of the bowl.
Stem and cut the strawberries in half, arrange them to side of the bowl.
Use the melon baller to make honey dew balls and arrange them next to the strawberries.
Make the cantaloupe balls and arrange them next to the honey dew.
Make the water melon balls and arrange them next to the cantaloupe.
Fill the middle with cherries.
Here you have it, a very healthy, attractive and wonderful fruit salad.