Makes 3 servings
- 3 portabella mushrooms, washed and dried.
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or equivalent sweetener
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano (or five-spice powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1. Mix the sauce together. Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce.
2. Apply the sauce to the mushrooms. Brush sauce on the top and bottom of each mushroom.
3. Set the toaster oven to dark toast.
4. Lay the mushrooms on a baking pan, stem side up.
5. Toast 4 times.
Can be served with broken rice, pickled carrots, tomato, cucumber and lettuce.
Or as mushroom burger
Or as mushroom sandwich (banh mi chay)