1 pound frozen bean curd skin
1 packet extra firm tofu, boiled, pressed to extract excess water, then mashed, I use the potato ricer to mash the tofu
1 cup shredded shiitake mushrooms
1 cup shredded black ear fungus
1 ½ tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon pepper corns or ground pepper
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
2 tablespoons canola oil
1. Take 1 layer of bean curd skin, rinse and cut into 8 slices to wrap.
2. Wash the rest of bean curd skin, put it in a colander, sprinkle 1 table spoon of salt, mix well, squeeze the bean curd to get rid of excess water, cut into small pieces.
3. Heat up a pan, add oil, wait for the oil to get hot, add ginger, sauté until brown. Add shiitake mushrooms, stir fry until golden brown. Add fungus stir fry until dry. Add sugar, ½ table spoon of salt. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Mix in bean curd, tofu, sesame oil, soy sauce. Divide into 8 portions.
5. Use plastic wrap to wrap each portion tightly into a roll, about 1 inch round, 8 inch long. Put in the refrigerator for more than 1 hour.
6. Unwrap each roll, wrap it again with bean curd skin.
7. Wrap each roll with banana leaves (since aluminum foil can release bad chemical when cooking, I now use banana leaves instead), steam for 30 minutes.
8. Unwrap the banana leaves. Can be served steamed just like that or deep fried.