. 1 tablespoon soy sauce
. 7 tablespoons water (1/2 cup minus 1 tablespoon) or broth (the same broth for rice noodle soup can be used)
1. Mix soy sauce and broth together.
2. In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
3. Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients.
4. Mix well, kneed with your hands for 2 minutes.
5. Shape seitan into a roll, let it rest for 15 minutes.
6. In a 4-pot, bring 2 quarts of water or broth (the same broth for rice noodle soup can be used) to a boil, reduce heat to low medium.
7. From 1 end the seitan roll, pull out a thin slice of seitan, as you pull, roll the slice to together. When it gets to size of a thumb, cut it off from the seitan roll. Fold the 2 ends together to make a ball. Drop the ball into the broth pot. (The broth should be just to the boiling point or the seitan will be hard, reduce the heat or add a little more water if the broth is over boiled.)
8. Repeat the above step for the rest of the seitan roll.
9. Simmer uncovered for about 2 hours or transfer to the slow cooker and cook on low overnight for about 6 hours.