I made fried brown rice for work and at the spur of the moment, decided to bring in some roasted seaweed sheets for us to make wraps. It turned out to be a surprisingly delicious treat!
Makes 4 servings
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 carrots, peeled, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 green summer squash, diced
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen green peas
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons soy sauce
freshly ground black pepper
5 roasted seaweed sheets, cut into 2 to 4 pieces
1. On high heat, add oil to a pan or wok, add ginger, stir until brown.
2. Add carrots, saute 1 minute.
3. Do the same for squash, corn, peas.
4. Add salt, soy sauce and black pepper.
5. Turn off the stove, mix in pre-cooked brown rice.
6. Wrap 1/4 of seaweed sheet with 2 tablespoons of rice, tie with a string of cilantro.
7. Serve with soy sauce.