Long time no blog :). I have been sooooo.... very busy on the Vietnamese blogs that I almost forgot I still own this blog :). Anyway, if you see anything you like on amthucchay.blogspot.com, please ask for the recipe, I will be very happy to do my best to translate for you.
Chocolate covered pineapple is one of my favorites. I finally learned how to make it looks smooth. Here is the recipe, it is so easy. I am sure you can do it without any problems.
1/2 bag of Hershey chocolate chips
1/4 pineapple, peepled, cored, sliced
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate that has been mixed with shortening
- Pat dry the pineapple slice with a paper towel
- Dip the pineapple slice into the chocolate sauce
- Use the toothpick to pick it up and lay it on the plate lined with plastic wrap
- Repeat the dipping for all of the pineapple slices
- If the sauce gets thicken because of the acid from the pineapple, it's time to chop up the pineapple and pour it in the chocolate sauce then pour the mixture into to a mold that has been lined with plastic wrap
Then it's time to enjoy!