My co-author's husband from amthucchay.blogspot.com made this dish. It is similar to a dish from a restaurant in South Philly. It was very quick and easy to make but it turned out to be delicious.
- 5 pieces of fried tofu, cut in half in triangle shape
- 1 red bell pepper, slice in any way you want
- 1 table spoon minced lemon grass
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- Canola oil
1. The trick for this dish is the cooking heat has to be very high.
2. Add cooking oil, when the oil is hot, add lemon grass. Stir fry until lemon grass turns golden brown and release fragrance
3. Add bell pepper, stir fry 1 minute.
4. Add tofu, mix well.
5. Add spices to taste, mix well.
6. Pour in broth, stir fry in high heat for a few minutes.
7. If you want your bell pepper cooked well then let it cooked until soft, I prefer it to be crunchy.
Happy cooking and eating:)
Phongloc (Translated by Mai)