Citrus and green olives garnish this simple roasted cauliflower and broccoli side dish, a must-have on the holiday dinner table.
Total Time: 45 min
Prep Time: 20 min
Oven Temp: 450
- 4 head(s) (1 1/2 pounds each) broccoli, cut into medium florets
- 5 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 head(s) (1 1/4 pounds each) cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup(s) green olives, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, for garnish
- Arrange 2 oven racks in bottom half of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- On 18- by 12-inch jelly-roll pan, toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. On another 18- by 12-inch jelly-roll pan, toss cauliflower with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast 30 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are browned and just tender, rotating pans between racks halfway through roasting.
- Meanwhile, from orange, grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice into medium bowl. Into same bowl, from lemon, grate 1/4 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Whisk in 2 tablespoons oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pinch freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange broccoli and cauliflower on serving platter. Scatter olives over vegetables. Whisk dressing again and drizzle all over dish. Garnish with parsley.