This is a quick and delicious way for your meal. Though it is not that healthy since it is fried, but you should try it once in a while.
- 1/2 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil to fry
Ingredients for sauce:
- 2 table spoons vinegar
- 2 table spoons brown organic sugar
- 2 table spoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced hot pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
1. In a big bowl, add water, sprinkle vital wheat gluten to mix well. Form gluten into a roll. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
2. While waiting for the gluten to be ready, mix the sauce until well blended.
3. Slice the gluten length wise then cut into strings.
4. Deep fry gluten in medium heat, when gluten puffs up, turn over to fry evenly until golden brown.
5. When finish frying, pour out all oil from the pot (I used the pot to fry). Add sauce to the pot, bring to a boil, add fried gluten, cook in medium heat, mix well until no more liquid.
6. Served with rice.
Happy vegan cooking .